All Dam Buster Side Outlet devices are pre-engineered and are designed to be used in combination with a correctly sized Dam Buster rainhead so as to achieve compliance.
So long as the overflow device comprising a Dam Buster Side Outlet and a Dam Buster Rainhead (in combination with correct downpipe sizing) is selected in accordance with the total design flow rate in the box gutter/s from the Dam Buster rainhead design table, the Dam Buster Side Outlet automatically has sufficient hydraulic capacity for any allowable combination of flow rates. That is to say, design of the Side Outlet device itself is NOT required, provided a rainhead and downpipe combination is correctly selected from the Dam Buster design tables which are available on our Select And Downloads page. Now that's simplicity in design!!
World Leading Side Outlets Solve An Age Old Drama
Dam Buster side outlet devices use the power of gravity to easily and safely change the direction of water flow in box gutters, then take it to the point of discharge which is fitted with a Dam Buster rainhead.
Side outlet devices are available in varying sizes to suit box gutters between 200mm to 400mm wide (NB: no larger sizes are currently available for the side outlets).
Like all Dam Buster products, they will suit virtually any installation, new or retrofit and have already revolutionized both innovative design plus rectification of existing problematic (non-compliant/defective) installations.
- "L" shape ('End Side Outlet'), with one box gutter only discharging to the device i.e. the device is located at the end of a box gutter and used to change its direction 90 degrees into another box gutter. Available ‘left’ (L) or ‘right’ (R) handed* SKU SOE-XOO-L or R
- "T" shape ('T' Side Outlet), with two box gutters discharging to the device and then to a single outlet point. Very useful for side outlets from box gutters. SKU SOT-XOO
- Corner Side Outlet. This enables two box gutters at the corner of a building to discharge to a single rainhead (for example, on a Hip roof) SKU SOC-XOO-L or R
- “Cruciform” (or "+") shape ('Cruciform Side Outlet'), with three box gutters discharging to the device (for example, where the device is located at the party walls in a row of terrace style houses, having hip ended roofs at the front or rear parapet wall) SKU SOX-XOO
* The Right or Left ‘hand’ is determined by the change in direction of the water flow at the device, as viewed from the upstream end of the box gutter.
Used in series or in combination, virtually any box gutter directional discharge problem can be easily solved, even in a retrofit situation, by using these revolutionary Dam Buster side outlet products and the Dam Buster elbow products.
NOTE: A Performance Solution is required for installation certification purposes of Dam Buster side outlet devices; that document should be developed by a suitable expert such as a qualified hydraulic engineer, in accordance with the requirements of the National Construction Code. Documentation to assist the development of a Performance Solution can be found here at Technical Downloads